Memphis and Shelby County Nursing Homes
- Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis, LLC
- Grace HealthCare at Cordova
- Quince Nursing & Rehab Center
- Golden Living Center-Southaven
- Signature Healthcare of Primacy
- Signature Healthcare at Methodist
- Signature Healthcare at St. Peter
- Poplar Point Health & Rehab
- Quality Care Center of Memphis
A little information about Nursing Home Neglect:
What are the different kinds of Nursing Home Neglect?
Many people believe that nursing home abuse and neglect is just physical. However, there are many different kinds of abuse and neglect. Some of these different kinds include but are not limited to:
● emotional-if a nursing home resident is left by themselves often or are yelled at by a members of the staff
● personal hygiene neglect- when a person is left in dirty clothes or sheets or is not bathed on a regular basis.
● neglecting of basic needs- when a person is not given enough food, water or provided a clean and safe environment.
● neglecting of medical needs-if a nursing home staff member does not provide equipment for people with limited mobility or if they give out the wrong dosage of medicine or if sores or injuries get ignored and go without treatment.
If someone you know has been a victim of any of these kinds of neglect while in a Memphis or other local nursing home, you need to talk to a Higgins Firm lawyer about your case.
Can I do anything to prevent Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
Many loved ones may feel helpless because they may think that cannot do anything about nursing abuse and neglect. However, there are things you can do. You can visit your loved one as often as possible and look for signs of abuse or neglect such as:
● unusual weight loss
● the development of bedsores
● broken bones
● signs of that a loved one may not be getting enough to eat
● unusual behavioral changes
● if a person looks dirty or their clothes or ripped, torn or soiled
● if the staff members are not as friendly as they used to be or if they do not check on your loved one often
These signs as well as many others often tell you that nursing home abuse or neglect may be taking place. If this is the case, you should tell the home about your concerns. If they fail to adequately handle the problem, you can call the Tennessee Department of Health and they may send someone to the home to look into your claims.
You should also contact one of our caring and knowledgeable nursing home neglect and abuse members of the legal team at the Higgins Firm. We understand that you are hurt, confused and want justice for your loved one. We will help you collect any information that may be necessary for your case. Then we will do everything we can to see to it that you receive damages for what your loved one has had to suffer.
Please contact us today online or by calling 800.705.2121 to discuss your legal options.