Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured by Another's Negligence? Contact us today for a free case review.
Personal injury claims and lawsuits are filed when people are injured by another person – whether intentional or by carelessness – or are injured by products that are defective in some way.
WHY CHOOSE THE HIGGINS FIRM:
- Our firm has proven results. We have the experience and resources to pursue high stakes injury cases
- Record of success in multiple states
- You don’t pay unless we win or settle your case
- Our lawyers are recognized as litigation leaders. We have members in The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Best of the Bar and more
- Jim Higgins, our senior partner, began his career defending these cases for insurance companies. Now his firm only represents victims
- Many of our cases come from other lawyers that recognize our success in this area of the law
THE BASICS OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
If a person or company is responsible for causing injury to someone else, that person can be required under the law to compensate the victim for any losses they sustained. Compensation is meant to help the party with the injury recover and help them go back to the life they had prior to becoming injured. Certain claims may result in punitive damages which is extra compensation that the person responsible pays as punishment for the actions they took to discourage them from taking those actions again or causing further injuries.
When a personal injury is sustained in any type of incident, it often will create a great hardship on the entire family. Our legal team knows how important it is for victims to just get back to their daily routine as soon as possible. We know that you have treatment payments adding up, loss of income to worry about and that you need to know that insurance will keep paying you for any expenses you may have later on due to being injured.
TIME IS IMPORTANT
Every personal injury case is governed by specific statute of limitations. In general, the statute of limitations in Tennessee for injury cases is one year. This statute can be tolled in certain situations, like the victim being a minor, but these exceptions are rare. Regardless, in addition to the limited time to file a lawsuit it is also important to remember the importance of gathering evidence early in a case. Over time peoples' memories fade, skid marks disappear and documents get lost. As such, we recommend that you contact a lawyer early in any serious injury case. You may only have one chance to gather and preserve evidence early and if you miss that opportunity you may regret it later.
CONTACT US TODAY
The Higgins Firm’s experienced Tennessee personal injury attorneys will talk with you about your claim and let your know what legal options you have. We will also talk to insurance providers and other people that may be needed for your claim to help see to it that you get compensated fairly and as soon as possible. We encourage you to contact our office right away. We put our clients first in everything that we do. We will work alongside you to gather evidence including insurance information, medical records, and more to help you make the best case for your claim. We stand steadfast by our clients and will fight for your claim.
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact us online or call us at 800.705.2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.
- Class Certified in Contaminated Property Case Against Shell Oil in Down State Illinois U.S. District Judge G. Patrick Murphy has agreed to certify the class, although Shell argued that the owners of the estimated 387 plots of land at
- Illinois Appellate Court Denies Request for a New Trial After $1.2 million Verdict for Fraudulent Misrepresentation in Commercial Property Transaction Most businesses are of the brick and mortar variety, meaning that they have a physical location where they conduct operations, and as a result these
- Appellate Court Applies 10 Year Statute of Limitations in Construction Indemnity Case DiTommaso-Lubin represents clients all over the Chicago-land area, and because Chicago is a growing metropolis, land comes at a premium. This means